Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Here we go

Guess I'm finally a blogger. I've resisted it for quite awhile because I didn't see much point given all the white noise out there. After all, if I'm simply blogging for myself and the odd friend who checks in occasionally, then what's the point? I can just chat with them indivdually about what's going on in my life.

But I've been a semi-professional writer for going on 5 years now, and "they" are right when they say that writers write. In other words, I don't suppose it matters much if anybody else has much interest in my musings here, because the exercise of creating it will be its own reason for being.

That said, I hope you love every fucking word I put down and find yourself unable to resist telling all your friends and loved ones to read Red Gumbo like it's non-addictive heroin for your brain.

I picked Red Gumbo because I'm a red head, and like gumbo, this blog will be filled with all sorts of stuff. I'll share my views on being a stay-at-home dad, thoughts on movies that are coming up or that I've reviewed (since this is what I write about for cashola), general essays on things like the efficacy of assassinations and why ultra hot chicks are about as satisfying as PG-13 horror films, and whatever the hell else happens to pop into my very profane, relatively smart head.

Guess that's it for now. Let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment